The Last Sunday
The last Sunday of every month at the Broadway Theatre
Doors open: 6:15 PM CST | Show starts: 7:00 PM CST
Normally we would welcome you at the doors of the Broadway Theatre, but this month (December 27, 2020), due to current restrictions, we will see you all ONLINE ONLY. Please click here to join us online!
Welcome, Sum Theatre friends and family, to the 2020/21 season of The Last Sunday. Please join us on the last Sunday of each month (October – May) for exciting creations in response to the month’s current events. You will see work from playwrights, musicians, ranters, and a hot seat interview. All in one action packed hour.
There is a lot going on in the world and the Last Sunday is here to help us digest our current moment. We hope these performances and the discussions they generate will help build a better community.
This is the 4th season of The Last Sunday, and we are thrilled to welcome partners in Regina, Prince Albert, Swift Current and The Battlefords.
“It’s theatre of the now,” says artistic director Joel Bernbaum. “Art is more relevant than it has ever been before. It has the power to take people down a new path of understanding the world around them. We believe these performances and the discussions they generate will build a better community.”
We are taking the necessary precautions to ensure the health and safety of those who would like to join us in person for The Last Sunday. The Broadway Theatre requires that masks be worn when you are in the building. Hand sanitizer will be provided as you enter the space. Proper social distancing will be observed. We are asking all who attend The Last Sunday to sign in upon entry to facilitate contact tracing.
As you arrive, you will be asked to sign our contact tracing form, and then front of house staff will escort you to your seat in the theatre. Once you are seated you will be asked to remain seated until the end of the performance.
The maximum capacity for the Broadway Theatre at this time is 30 people. Admission is on a first come first served basis. Please come early to guarantee your seat.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the Last Sunday?
- The Last Sunday is a live talk show featuring a play, a musical act, a rant and a hotseat interview. All packed into one hour.
- Who can come?
- Anyone is welcome to attend The Last Sunday. The event is curated for an adult audience, though youth are welcome.
- Sum Theatre does not provide an age rating for the material. In fact, we often do not know the content of the pieces before showtime. We encourage artists to respond as they wish.
- If you would like to watch The Last Sunday livestream from your home, please click here.
- How much is it?
- Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, The Last Sunday is free of charge.
- If you find The Last Sunday valuable, consider supporting Sum Theatre with a monthly donation.
- Is the venue accessible?
- We are excited to announce that we have moved to the Broadway Theatre which allows for accessibility.
- Main access into the building is with ramps inside and around the theatre.
- There are also accessible washrooms available.
- Are there washrooms?
- There are gender neutral washrooms in the lobby. If you need to use the washroom’s we ask you to do so before you are seated.